Whether you want premarital counseling, or need family or individual counseling, we are here to help you through hard times and life transitions, rocky relationships, and the stresses of everyday life.
Individual & Couples Therapy
Are you endlessly searching for the right partner?
Do you struggle with maintaining healthy and happy relationships?
Have you felt like you just can’t “get it together” no matter how hard you try?
Sometimes it’s hard to navigate all of the emotions but we can help. We provide therapy that focuses on:
- Getting clear on the challenges you are facing in your relationships
- New ways to communicate
- Setting clear and attainable goals
- How to get unstuck when you feel like you aren’t moving forward
- Finding your strengths
- Discovering the path to your own happiness
The truth is, you can’t be at your best in relationships and other areas of life until you’re the best version of you possible. Individual or couples therapy can help you focus on the things that hold you back and keep you from achieving your potential whether it is in your career, your marriage, or another partnership.
If you would like more information about how Individual or Couples Therapy can help you, please call 877-293-8123 to schedule a consultation.
Are you a parent or guardian worried about your child?
Is your child experiencing problems in school?
Has your family faced a recent transition that is affecting your child’s behavior?
We have extensive experience working with children and their families as a school-based counselor. We help many families cope with challenging experiences such as:
- Anger and Emotion Management
- Parent-child conflict
- Truancy/School Refusal or Anxiety
- Friendship Issues
- Social Skills
- Other Social-Emotional Difficulties
We will work together to actively identify and address barriers to your child’s social, emotional, and academic wellbeing. I specialize in helping children and families through life transitions such as military deployment, grief and loss, and separation and divorce. In my work with children, I utilize a diverse range of play therapy techniques.
Play therapy helps children express their feelings in a safe and supportive environment. For children, play is a serious and purposeful activity. Play helps to develop appropriate social skills, language, and cognitive and emotional flexibility. Play also helps the child learn how to self-soothe and regulate emotions. In play therapy, toys are like the child’s words, and play is the child’s language. Play therapy helps children express themselves when they are unable to find the words to communicate their thoughts and feelings.
If you are concerned about your child and would like to learn more about play therapy and counseling services, please call 877-293-8123 to schedule a consultation.
Are you a parent or guardian who is concerned about your son or daughter?
Do you think your child might benefit from additional support?
Are you a teen or young adult looking for someone impartial to talk to?
- Social pressures (to fit in or to stand out)
- Peer relationships
- Family relationships (including foster families, blended families, extended families, etc.)
- Identity issues (such as self-esteem, ethnic identity, sexual identity, etc.)
- Stress management and anxiety
- Depression and suicidal ideation
- Decision-making and problem-solving
- Anger management
- Life changes (for example: moving, job loss, illness, death, divorce, pregnancy, etc.)
- Traumatic experiences (such as violence, sexual assault, etc.)
Parents and guardians are often unsure about when to seek outside help. Have you noticed recent changes in your child’s behavior, or any of the following:
- Withdrawal and isolation
- Aggression and/or antisocial behavior
- Problems with or changes in sleeping and/or eating patterns
- Substance use
- Loss of interest in activities and/or relationships
- Overachievement and/or perfectionism
- Dramatic mood changes
- Increasing defiance
- Failing grades and/or school truancy
- Risk-taking behaviors (such as theft, vandalism, etc.)
Young people often feel powerless and misunderstood. I strive to create a safe and respectful environment in which they can explore their stressors and learn adaptive coping skills. A main focus of psychotherapy with children and adolescents is to enhance self-awareness and self-esteem, which in turn empowers them to make more positive choices.
Similarly, parents and guardians often feel helpless and confused about how they can help. I offer parenting skills education and family sessions in order to facilitate communication, problem-solving, and increased family support. When expectations are clear and each family member feels more confident, the entire family will be better equipped to move toward a more positive future.
Whether you are interested in psychotherapeutic services for yourself, your child, and/or your family, please call 877-293-8123 to schedule a consultation.
Schedule Your Free Phone Consultation